Overview of Quebec Immigration System
Quebec enjoys a higher degree of independence in matters of immigration than any other 13 provinces of Canada. In fact, Quebec was the first Canadian province to launch a dedicated immigration ministry in 1968.
Quebec Immigration majorly came into effect to maintain its Francophone (french-speaking population) character and political influence within Canada. It has now transitioned itself to host a range of immigration programs for skilled workers, entrepreneurs, investors, students to work & settle in Quebec.
Why People Prefer To Immigrate to Quebec?
Based on our experience in offering immigration & overseas education services, here some top reasons why people should consider to immigrate to Quebec for Canada PR:
- Quebec is one of the major commercial centers in Canada, thanks to the diversified economy that brings plenty of sustainable jobs.
- Montreal is Canada’s second-largest city and is the commercial capital of Quebec. The city attracts a lot of international students and foreign skilled workers to work & settle permanently.
- Quebec houses some of the highly reputed universities like McGill University, Concordia University, HEC Montreal & more
- Quebec also provides heavily subsidized healthcare, transportation, and college education. A cost of a fully furnished house may be around CAD $900 per month.
Quebec Immigration Programs For Canada PR
French is the only official language in Quebec. Therefore, most Quebec immigration programs may require interested candidates to prove their proficiency in French.
However, the province has been able to manage the multiculturalism of Canada by hosting a number of immigration pathways for non-French speakers
Popular Quebec Immigration Programs:
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW)
- Quebec Experience Program (PEQ)
- Quebec Investor Program
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program
- Quebec Self-Employed
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW): Most successful program to attract foreign skilled workers to obtain permanent residence in Canada. It is different from the federal Express Entry and has a separate online portal – Arrima – to manage applications and assess them.
Quebec Experience Program (PEQ): Temporary foreign workers or international students who had already stayed in Quebec for a considerable amount of time to apply for permanent residence. Such applicants are required to demonstrate advanced intermediate knowledge of oral French.
Quebec Investor/Entrepreneur/Self-employed Program: After demonstrating a total net worth above the specified threshold, foreign investors/entrepreneurs or self-employed practitioners can operate their business in Quebec and later attain permanent residence in Canada.
Before qualifying for Canada permanent residency through Quebec Immigration programs, all applicants must obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ).
How Can BiMars Consultancy Boost Your Quebec Immigration?
BiMars Consultancy is a reliable immigration & overseas education advisor who is duly registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). We promise to offer:
- Documentation support for Quebec Acceptance Certificate – CAQ (temporary stay) and Quebec Selection Certificate – CSQ (permanent stay)
- Full guidance on study abroad in Quebec
- Assistance to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
- Latest updates on Quebec Immigration.
- Dedicated Immigration Consultative Partner.
Book your free session to kick-start your plans for immigration today!